Having social media accounts for your business is critical in this digital age. But are you getting the most out of them? Social media marketing works best when people are engaging with your business. Here are our top 10 no-sweat tips to get more engagement for your business on social media.
1. Use attention-grabbing headlines. Why did you decide to read this article? It probably had something to do with the headline. Headlines that start with an exclamation, or “How to…” or “# Ways to…” or that ask a question that your customers might ask themselves tend to get the clicks you’re looking for.
2. Use images, animated gifs, and memes. Posts with visuals perform better, period. Memes and gifs can also bring humor into the mix and increase the chance that your audience will share your content.
3. Create and share videos. Over 100 million hours of videos are watched on social media every day. Get your piece of the pie!
4. Don’t only post your own content. Curate and share content made by others that you think your followers will enjoy. That way, with less work, you get more content and your audience gets added value.
5. Post more often. Making frequent posts boosts your organic growth.
6. Share an excellent piece of content more than once. That’s right: it’s okay to post the same material multiple times if you vary the accompanying message, and it can get you up to 31.5 times the number of click-throughs as posting once.
7. Use hashtags. They can double your #engagement rate!
8. Tag people and businesses you quote or reference. When you tag someone, like a guest blogger, they usually respond or repost, getting you more exposure.
9. Optimize your posting times. Schedule your social media messages to post at peak times to increase your reach.
10. Recycle your evergreen content. Some content doesn’t have an expiration date. If it’s timeless, share it again later!
We know that as a business owner, you’re busy. If you don’t have time to beef up your social media marketing, we can help! Contact us today for more information.
- Are you using Facebook to promote your business? - October 15, 2018
- Google is Crawling Towards You, Are You Ready? - October 14, 2018
- The Importance of Customer Lifetime Value - October 13, 2018
- Local Business Alert! The Local Search Results will Give You More Business Results - October 9, 2018
- Local Business Alert! The Local Search Results will Give You More Business Results - October 6, 2018
- Get Customer Reviews and Rev up your Revenue - October 3, 2018
- Ways to Grow Your Business through Storytelling - September 29, 2018
- Grow your Potential Customers: Extend your Brand’s Reach to Thousands of Targeted Audience on Facebook and LinkedIn with $200. - September 28, 2018
- Is Your Business Anti-Social? Putting the ‘Social’ Back into Social Media Marketing - September 24, 2018
- Generate Leads for your Small Local Business Today! - September 23, 2018