Social media allows so much information to be at our fingertips.
It allows business owners to connect with potential customers in new and exciting ways.
It also gives customers new ways to reach out and share their opinions, and it is inevitable that sometimes those opinions will be negative.
We want to make sure you know just what to do with the inevitable happens so that your customers keep coming back.
The first thing to do when you see a negative review is to take a step back. Never respond in the heat of the moment. Never indulge in an angry flash. Compose yourself and address the review in a cool, calm and collected manner.
Also, work to identify authentic bad reviews from those who are just “trolling” looking to waste your time. If a review is unnecessarily inflammatory, profanity-laden or unintelligible, odds are the reviewer is just targeting you for argument sake. In these situations, the best thing to do is just step back and let it go.
Once you’ve identified true reviews, start by acknowledging the mistake and apologizing. Sometimes a simple sorry is all the reviewer needs to hear. At the end of the day, consumers want to know they matter and that they are not just another number. Demonstrate this with a polite and sincere apology.
Even if it wasn’t your mistake, it doesn’t hurt to say that you feel sorry about the misunderstanding or bad experience.
Next, see if you can make it right. Is there something that can be done to fix it? If not, offer other perks or benefits, such as free shipping or a discount in the future. Also, make sure you’ve identified an accountability process to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Finally, thank the customer for taking time to leave feedback. Feedback gives you the tools you need to improve to become a better business.
Addressing bad PR is easier when you have our marketing team on your side. Contact us today to learn more about our services.
- Important Design Elements that Your Website Should Have - January 21, 2020
- Reputation Marketing and How It Can Affect Your Business - January 18, 2020
- Online Advertising Benefits Over Traditional Advertising - January 16, 2020
- Google is Crawling Towards You, Are You Ready? - January 15, 2020
- Top 3 Challenges to Tracking Digital Marketing ROI - January 12, 2020
- Why You Should Optimize Your Website - January 10, 2020
- Two Ways to Make Your Business More Visible Today! - January 6, 2020
- 6 Ways Facebook Ads Can Boost Growth and Sales for Your Small Business - January 2, 2020
- How Long It Does Take to See the Results of Digital Marketing - December 22, 2019
- Is Your Website Mobile-Friendly? - December 17, 2019