There has been a lot of testing and research done over the past couple of years, and it’s no surprise that more people are using mobile devices to find products or services. The one thing that may or may not come as a surprise is that many businesses haven’t adapted to these changes, or even tested their website. Prioritizing user experience should be the first thing you or your website designer should do.
Any website needs to have design elements that make the website easily seen, and also make it easy to navigate should be on the top of this list. Many websites are starting to get rid of images because they take too long for mobile devices to load, if too many are used. However, if you do use images, they should be scaled down, and the images should use text, such as a card menu seen on Microsoft homepage. This one easy design element shows people what they are looking for quickly, and describes it easily.
And if you’re doing to use video or animation, then fast-loading cinemagraphs are the way to go for mobile devices. These small half-photo, half-animated clips, are quite popular, and load quickly. Make sure that your copy is relevant to the visitor quickly depending on their query, and what got them to your website in the first place. Give a quick big picture of what your site is all about, and what you offer the minute the customer gets there. Realize they may be on a mobile device, and test it, or have your website designer continually test and improve the experience.
Make your site easy to navigate, create different designs for the different sections, but use a consistent theme. Use eye-catching transitions from section to section to keep the user interested. And make sure the font for your copy can be easily seen. Visitors still do the quick scan, so if they quickly scan, make sure you grab their attention quickly. Use custom visual and iconography, or images and symbols, that tells your brand story and shows some personality of who and what your business is about.
All of these design trends are based on statistics. And with the statistics comes the realization that effective website design that makes life easier for users when they visit your site, should be the main goal of you and your website designer. Your competitors are optimizing their websites, if you don’t optimize your site, then you will be left behind.
If you would like to learn more about optimizing and using the latest design trends to improve customer experience, then email us today at email@example.com, and we will be happy to help you deliver a great user experience.
- 5 Ways To Use Reviews as Marketing Content! - September 19, 2018
- Your Business Needs SEO, Whether You Understand its Complexity or Not. - September 18, 2018
- The Voice of Your Customers is a Valuable Marketing Tool - September 15, 2018
- Pay-per-click Advertising is the Key to Quick Digital Dominance - September 13, 2018
- Effective Social Media Marketing Involves Two-way Conversations - September 11, 2018
- Reputation Marketing and How It Can Affect Your Business - September 9, 2018
- What Goes into Creating Optimal Content and Customer Experience - September 6, 2018
- Get Customer Reviews and Rev up your Revenue - September 3, 2018
- How To Make Your Business Stand Out from the Crowd - August 31, 2018
- Beat Bigger Brands and Boom your Business - August 29, 2018