It might surprise you to know that a lot of business owners don’t optimize their websites.
And when we talk about optimization, we are not just talking about the speed of your website, although that is a big factor when it comes to the impatience of today’s web surfer.
In fact, everything on websites and landing pages can be optimized and refined so that they will increase conversions.
Speed should be the first thing that you look at, although it is probably the easiest thing to fix if there is a problem. You’ve got 3-6 seconds before a user will think there is something wrong with the page, or maybe that the page is down. You probably understand this if you are looking for something and have landed on a slow loading page before.
The next thing to take into consideration with speed is the headline or the first thing that a visitor sees when they hit the website or landing page. Another 0-8 seconds and if you don’t have the right headline, that potential customer is gone and searching somewhere else. Split testing headlines should be on top of your list.
You should always be testing, and if you find a winner, you don’t stop there. Website owners that get twice the sales are always optimizing headlines and copy.
Other things that you can do is take a look at your copy or your sales pitch. Customizing your sales pitch can increase conversions because it gives your visitor a more personalized experience. Make sure you are offering unique value to that potential customer. Offer something of value right up front, don’t waste the visitors time. Time is valuable and many people have a shortage of time and don’t want to waste time looking for what they need.
Offering something for free is another way to optimize for conversions, especially if you are getting their email in the process. There is almost no better way to get someone interested in what they are looking for than to offer them part of the solution for free, and then ask them what email you can send their free information to. Make that offer limited so they realize it’s not going to be around forever.
Optimization could also include features such as live chat. Live chat is great because if a customer doesn’t see something, and they see a chat box, they are more likely to try and ask about what they are looking for using a chat feature.
Exit overlays should be your last ditch effort to get the customers attention. Again, by telling a potential customer something like ‘Wait, don’t leave empty-handed, let us give you ‘insert product name’ for free just for visiting. You would be surprised how many conversions this will likely bring you.
This is just a small sample of some of the things you can do to optimize your website and landing pages for increased conversions.
If you would like to learn how to increase conversions for your website or landing pages, contact me at
- Local Business Alert! The Local Search Results will Give You More Business Results - May 22, 2018
- Two Ways to Make Your Business More Visible Today! - May 18, 2018
- SEO Campaign Not Working? 3 Things Your SEO Provider Should be Doing for Your Business - May 16, 2018
- 3 Ways to Get More 5-star Reviews! - May 14, 2018
- Beat Bigger Brands and Boom your Business - May 12, 2018
- Effective Social Media Marketing Involves Two-way Conversations - May 10, 2018
- How Much Should I Spend on Digital Marketing? - May 7, 2018
- Digital Advertising Pays Off: How to Find the Platform that Works Best for You? - May 5, 2018
- 4 Warning Signs that Your Website Needs a Redesign - May 3, 2018
- 10 Highly Effective Ways to Promote Your Business with Social Media - April 30, 2018