Do you have a set rule for marketing budget allotment?
Or do you just place funds in marketing whatever is left after all of the projected business expenses for the year have been set?
USBA suggests 7% to 8% for small businesses. However, you can shoot for up to 20% if you really want to smash it hard in the marketplace.
A survey from the CMO Council, on the other hand, comes with similar results with 74% percent of marketers allocating 4% to 6% of their annual gross revenue to marketing, while only 2% apportion more than 20%.
The size of your marketing budget will fuel your marketing efforts, and so if you’re in a very competitive industry, and most especially if you’re in the early stages of your business, then you should really have a strong budget.
How do you structure your marketing budget?
Reach out to us and get some advice.
- Local Business Alert! The Local Search Results will Give You More Business Results - May 22, 2018
- Two Ways to Make Your Business More Visible Today! - May 18, 2018
- SEO Campaign Not Working? 3 Things Your SEO Provider Should be Doing for Your Business - May 16, 2018
- 3 Ways to Get More 5-star Reviews! - May 14, 2018
- Beat Bigger Brands and Boom your Business - May 12, 2018
- Effective Social Media Marketing Involves Two-way Conversations - May 10, 2018
- How Much Should I Spend on Digital Marketing? - May 7, 2018
- Digital Advertising Pays Off: How to Find the Platform that Works Best for You? - May 5, 2018
- 4 Warning Signs that Your Website Needs a Redesign - May 3, 2018
- 10 Highly Effective Ways to Promote Your Business with Social Media - April 30, 2018