Do you have a set rule for marketing budget allotment?
Or do you just place funds in marketing whatever is left after all of the projected business expenses for the year have been set?
USBA suggests 7% to 8% for small businesses. However, you can shoot for up to 20% if you really want to smash it hard in the marketplace.
A survey from the CMO Council, on the other hand, comes with similar results with 74% percent of marketers allocating 4% to 6% of their annual gross revenue to marketing, while only 2% apportion more than 20%.
The size of your marketing budget will fuel your marketing efforts, and so if you’re in a very competitive industry, and most especially if you’re in the early stages of your business, then you should really have a strong budget.
How do you structure your marketing budget?
Reach out to us and get some advice.
- 5 Ways To Use Reviews as Marketing Content! - September 19, 2018
- Your Business Needs SEO, Whether You Understand its Complexity or Not. - September 18, 2018
- The Voice of Your Customers is a Valuable Marketing Tool - September 15, 2018
- Pay-per-click Advertising is the Key to Quick Digital Dominance - September 13, 2018
- Effective Social Media Marketing Involves Two-way Conversations - September 11, 2018
- Reputation Marketing and How It Can Affect Your Business - September 9, 2018
- What Goes into Creating Optimal Content and Customer Experience - September 6, 2018
- Get Customer Reviews and Rev up your Revenue - September 3, 2018
- How To Make Your Business Stand Out from the Crowd - August 31, 2018
- Beat Bigger Brands and Boom your Business - August 29, 2018