Do you have a set rule for marketing budget allotment?
Or do you just place funds in marketing whatever is left after all of the projected business expenses for the year have been set?
USBA suggests 7% to 8% for small businesses. However, you can shoot for up to 20% if you really want to smash it hard in the marketplace.
A survey from the CMO Council, on the other hand, comes with similar results with 74% percent of marketers allocating 4% to 6% of their annual gross revenue to marketing, while only 2% apportion more than 20%.
The size of your marketing budget will fuel your marketing efforts, and so if you’re in a very competitive industry, and most especially if you’re in the early stages of your business, then you should really have a strong budget.
How do you structure your marketing budget?
Reach out to us and get some advice.
- Whoa! 10 Easy Ways to Boost Your Business on Social Media - May 17, 2021
- 12 Ways to Promote Your Business in 140 Characters or Less - May 16, 2021
- Monitor your Online Reputation with Google Alerts - May 14, 2021
- 10 Highly Effective Ways to Promote Your Business with Social Media - May 11, 2021
- Good news for business owners in the travel and hospitality industry! - May 7, 2021
- The Why and How of LinkedIn for B2B Leads - May 5, 2021
- 7 Digital Marketing Trends You Should Act On - May 3, 2021
- Taking Advantage of Reputation Marketing to Gain Customer Trust - May 3, 2021
- Benefit from Business Blogging - April 29, 2021
- Digital Advertising Pays Off: How to Find the Platform that Works Best for You? - April 18, 2021