Anyone in the marketing game can tell you that online ads can boost your business’ visibility. But if you’re new to online advertising, you might be wondering, which platform is right for you and your business? And, where should you start?
One strategy is to start with the heavy hitters. Google AdWords is the top dog in search advertising with 79.79% of the global desktop search engine market share, according to Net Market Share.
Another powerful option is social media advertising. Based on recent lead generation and conversion studies on social media advertising, Facebook is best if your business is B2C: business to end-consumers. As a bonus, there are over 2 billion monthly active Facebook users worldwide, so the odds of finding new customers through targeted ad campaigns are very good.
For the business to business type (B2B), LinkedIn is your best bet. As you may already know as a LinkedIn user, this platform has 500 million users across 200 countries, according to Fortune.
If you’ve already explored these options, don’t worry! There are many more to choose from, each with their own strengths. In addition to Facebook and LinkedIn, social media marketing options (which get your business in front of their impressive user bases) include Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
Search advertising platforms get your business priority placements whenever someone makes a search. While Google AdWords is the leader in search advertising, Bing Ads is also a strong option. The widely used pricing model in search advertising is CPC (cost-per-click), where you only pay when your ad gets clicked.
The third main type of platform is display advertising. Google’s DoubleClick Media and Yahoo’s BrightRoll are two of many that fall into this category which provides ad placements across their networks of publishers.
There are many options and variables to consider. Feeling overwhelmed? We can help! Contact us today.
- 5 Reasons You Need Digital Marketing - July 21, 2018
- How Much Should Your Marketing Budget Be? - July 17, 2018
- Organically Building Your Brand: Content Marketing on Linkedin - July 15, 2018
- Rise to the Occasion with a Clear Digital Marketing Plan - July 12, 2018
- How to Leverage Digital Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Business - July 9, 2018
- Does Social Media Marketing Work? - July 4, 2018
- Stop Wasting Money on Traditional Advertising and Start Gaining More Customers! - July 2, 2018
- What Goes into Creating Optimal Content and Customer Experience - July 1, 2018
- Optimize Your Ads To Grab Attention and Raise CTR - June 29, 2018
- How Optimizing Your Websites and Landing Pages Will Increase Conversions - June 27, 2018